Our actions justify the faith others have put in us to make recommendations based on merit.
Our actions and processes are designed to be equitable and to reduce the role of bias in our decision making.
Our systems and processes are independent, open and transparent.
We are flexible, adaptable and we embrace change where it helps us to streamline our processes.
We embrace opportunities to learn and develop through continuous improvement.
We observe, listen, understand and support everyone we work with.
1. We will contribute to furthering justice in Scotland alongside Scottish Ministers, the judiciary and the legal profession.
2. We will make independent recommendations for appointment to courts and tribunals based solely on merit.
3. We will work in a fair and transparent way, which commands the confidence of courts and tribunal users and the wider public.
4. We will encourage diversity in the range of individuals available for selection.
5. We will pursue continuous improvement in the way we do our work.
1. To attract applicants of the highest calibre, recognising the need to encourage diversity in the range of those available for selection.
2. To recommend applicants for appointment to judicial office on merit through processes that are fair, transparent and command respect.